Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Web of Risks

I know of a boy that said something about a teacher on his Face Book account and the next day he was put on academic probation and had to apologize to the teacher. I guess if he had used the privacy options, then it’s possible he could have limited the viewing access to his page. Knowing that whatever you say or do on the internet instantly becomes public knowledge, then proceed with caution. We still have freedom, but in this society, rules have to be followed or you have to pay the price of the consequences.

If I am hiring employees for my production company, and I had access to a potential employee, I certainly would check his Face Book or My Space page. Obviously, the person would put their personal interest, accomplishments and free time activities on their page so that would give me insight as to the type of person that would work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment